We all need easy self care ideas!
Many of us live our lives in a constant state of stress, moving from one place to another and feeling like you are never home. You neglect yourself until it catches up with you when the bills start piling up or health issues arise.
Most of us are moving from home to work, spend most hours working and barely have a personal life. This is because we don’t take the time for ourselves or think about our future wealth – it’s just not enough with all those bills to pay!
In the process, our mind, body, health and finances take a serious hit. That’s because we refuse to or cannot find time to pause for a moment to keep an eye on our well-being.
Even if we do not find time, we need to make time. We might need to set priorities, or perhaps take care of these aspects in our leisure time. Whatever it is, self-care is something that we cannot miss.
So if you are in, but don’t know where to start, here is a list of free self care ideas for you to take your pick.
50 easy self-care ideas to improve mind, body, and finances
1. Have a pleasant good night’s sleep. (Make sure you have 8+ hours of sleep every night)
2. Do not grab your phone as soon as you wake up. Instead, do some stretches.
3. Have three nutritious meals.
4. Drink healthy smoothies (Even when they don’t taste so good)
5. Go for morning/evening walks (You can play in some music to bust the blues)
6. Make an appointment with the doctor that you have been planning to do for ages.
7. Drink lemon water every morning. (A miracle for your metabolism!)
8. Keep yourself hydrated all the time.
9. Ditch junk food.
10. Take daily vitamins. (Get a doctor’s recommendation first)
11. Don’t over-drink. (You have to fight the temptation)
12. Start taking stairs instead of elevators all the time. (It’s good for health and can burn a lot of calories!)
13. Exercise at least 4-5 times a week.
14. Don’t forget to floss!
15. Invest in stocks and bonds.
16. Always operate on a budget.
17. Don’t hoard stuff you don’t need.
18. Go get yourself a spa day (you can do this at home too).
19. Soak some sunshine (and take in Vitamin D)
20. Take a cold shower.
Related post: 50 little things that will make you instantly happier
21. Set money saving plans and goals at the beginning of the month
22. Wake up an hour earlier every day.
23. Get an overall body check-up.
24. Declutter, and sell things you do not use.
25. Change your air filters.
26. Water your garden. If you don’t have one, it’s a good idea to grow fresh fruits and veggies that are free of chemicals, and beneficial for your health.
27. Take yourself out on dates.
28. Practice gratitude every day. Write down five things you are grateful for.
29. Save up to invest in stock markets.
30. Use your sunscreen daily. (Let’s just put it this way, it’s MANDATORY for healthy skin)
31. Pamper yourself by diffusing an uplifting essential oil.
32. Re-decorate your room to change your environment and feel fresh.
33. Start a good money habit every month (Start with enhancing your financial knowledge perhaps?)
34. Get in touch with your friend who you haven’t talked to in a while.
35. Join a dance class. (Or perhaps you can do it at your home! Dance like no one’s watching)
36. Spend some time with your pets.
37. Set your financial goals.
38. Try to maintain a journal. (You don’t need to be a good writer to journal)
39. Create a playlist to feel good.
40. Read a good book.
Related post: FREE daily gratitude journal to lighten your life
41. Indulge in a social media digital detox.
42. Listen to some inspiring Ted Talks.
43. Spend some time with your family.
44. Play a musical instrument of your choice.
45. Reflect on life – what do you want from it? What matters to you?
46. Do some home-décor.
47. Pamper yourself with a dessert.
48. Visit a place that provides you peace. (Rivers, lakes, whatever your town is blessed with.)
49. Have fruits every day. (Remember an apple a day, keep the doctor away)
50. Sit back and watch your favorite series!
While it can be hard to find time for yourself, I think that you deserve a little self-care. Use some of these easy self care ideas to take care of your body and mind and feel the benefits. Your body and mind will thank you!
Start taking back control of your money by grabbing your copy of the Money Saving Starter Guide today.
Come and follow me on Pinterest for more money saving hints and frugal tips!
Last Updated on 27th January 2022 by Emma